Gothic Victorian Hair is elegant and romantic, which is also historically accurate.
Some exmaples of hairstyles are:
- Accessorized bun
- Long, flowing lock
- Up-do with curled hair cascading onto one or both shoulders
A modern look is to tease the hair.
Please see the Online Resources below for more hair style examples through websites and videos.
Hair may also be decorated in accessories. Some hair accessories may include:
- Ribbon tied into hair
- Hair combs
Gothic Victorian heads may also be accessorized with hats. Both men and women wear hats. To be historically accurate, women may wear large showstopper hats. However, many modern Victorian Goth women also wear top hats, which only men wore during the Victorian era. Hats may be embellished with:
- Fake spiders
Almost anything can be used to decorate a hat.
Hatpins may be worn to help keep the hat in place.
Men may grow out their sideburns or mustaches. Some men enjoy curling their facial hair.
- Victorian Inspired Gothic Hair Tutorial
- Victorian Hairstyle Tutorial
- Romantic Victorian Inspired Updo
- Gothic/Victorian Hair Up-do (Medium/Short Hair)
- Romantic Goth Duchess Hair Tutorial